Alcohol is the most common and popular drug in many cultures. There are several problems caused by underage drinking; furthermore, this is a serious disease. Most teenagers have a greater record of underage drinking compared to young people 20 years ago. There are more accidents and deaths now as a result of underage alcohol consumption. Subsequently, we are for the banning of underage drinking.
First of all, alcohol causes many problems for society nowadays. Alcohol has been used throughout history for various reasons. According to the medical Encyclopedia, alcoholism is an illness marked by drinking alcoholic beverages to excess. As long as alcohol consumption is not at a level that interferes with physical health, it is not a problem. There are two types of alcoholism: dependence and abuse; however, both of them could cause many problems in society. Alcoholism has a large effect in youth; there are more than 10.4 million young people between ages 12 and 20 who suffer from it.
Second, the difference between social drinking and alcohol has changed a lot over time. Now alcohol abuse has become teenagers’ focus. In addition, they don’t have control over how much they drink. They might want to attend social events that only involve alcohol, or they can’t enjoy themselves. Going to a bar or making a drink after coming home from work becomes more important than connecting with friends or family. These days, alcohol might be the way to avoid painful feelings or troubled relationships. As a result, teenagers might resort to dangerous behavior, like driving while drunk, or they may even exhibit violent behavior.
Third, there are more accidents and deaths as a result of underage alcohol consumption. When people ask teenagers how easy it is to get alcohol, they mostly say it is very easy. As alcohol is easier to obtain, it produces more problems. Around 4,300 deaths are caused by teenagers who drink alcohol because they are more likely to have car accidents or fights. For example, according to the daily mail online, ”Joseph Salah, 19, lost control of his car while he was driving drunk, crashing and killing David Powel, 20 years old, instantly and injuring two other passengers.” Imagine a teen driving drunk without thinking about consequences, or messing around with someone who cannot control his or her behavior; it often results in a catastrophe.
Finally, we disagree with underage alcohol consumption. Nevertheless, this issue causes a lot of arguments around the world. Society is affected by alcohol, but governments still allow it to be sold while banning other drugs. Alcohol companies produce millions of dollars annually in revenues and taxes; that’s why governments won’t do more to prevent underage alcohol consumption.
Alcohol effects on adolescents are not the same as on adults. Characteristic for adolescence is that the young brain under the age of 20 differs from the brain of an adult by its response to the information received. The young brain is created for learning. It is in the stage of establishing real connections between nerve cells. In this drinking age essay we will examine how alcohol can disrupt this function. If you need an academic essay writer, you can find one on our website.
The brain has the property of changing and becoming more resistant to alcohol when its use is repeated. In adolescents, this resistance can be very low, so the alcohol effect is different than in adults. Experiments conducted on animals show that in juveniles alcohol destroys chemical compounds in the brain responsible for training, more sharply than in adult animals. This occurs with minimal doses of alcohol, even after a single dose. If you need professional paper rewriting online on this topic, contact our managers.
Low doses, which did not cause harm to adults, violated the possibility of training in young animals.
Studies conducted on young people aged 20 to 29 years described in many underage drinking essays showed that with the intake of alcoholic drinks, the ability to gain knowledge drastically decreases.Spirits influence the thinking functions of immature people much more than of matures. The intellect of adolescents is vulnerable, high strength of alcohol does not have a calming effect on it, it causes less sleepiness. This means that teens can drink more than adults. Absence of drowsiness does not mean that alcohol does not reduce their physical activity, the ability to assess the situation and does not disrupt the coordination of movements. Wishing to find more essays about it, go to our best essay writing website at once.
The effect of alcohol on a teenager is stronger than on an adult, and may affect the workings of the brain in the future.
A teen is attracted to alcohol not due to its taste, but because of its effect that is a state of intoxication. When they for the first time take alcohol there is a feeling of a rush of strength, a feeling of contentment, the mood rises. When a degree of intoxication is low, there are very few symptoms of alcoholic intoxication, no loss of self-control. A teen develops the conviction that taking spirits is a regular phenomenon in life, but in a fragile organism, alcoholic addiction is formed. On our website you can buy essay paper works on this theme.
Almost every teenage drinking essay claims that the motivation behind this is:
1) alcoholic environment (family, friends and strangers);
2) increased claim to adulthood (alcoholic drink consumption is a symbol of freedom, growing-up, courage);
3) propaganda of intoxicating beverages in the cinema, on television, in advertising publications;
4) examples of friends, the search for companies with mandatory consumption of strong beverages;
5) development, with the impact of the relatives’ guardianship, of absence of will, lack of initiative, frivolity, unpreparedness for the living of outwardly well-off children, who are afraid to overcome obstacles, quickly succumb to bad influences;
6) particularities of the adolescent's character associated with brainy deficiency due to unfavorable pregnancy, delivery and craniocerebral trauma with a delay in bodily and psychological development.
More posts about our paper writing service:
Hangover syndrome in adolescents develops in 1-3 years after the onset of systematic drunkenness. Specialists distinguish the initial phase of adaptation to spirits, the phase of assimilation of alcoholic behavior stereotypes, the formation of mental addiction and the phase of physical dependence on spirits. Looking for an essay on homework about it, please, visit our site.
In adolescents, intoxicant quickly becomes an essential component of metabolic processes. The result is a hangover syndrome, which is manifested by a pronounced desire to take alcohol, a violation of the cardiovascular system, headaches, deterioration of sleep, a decrease in mood. To know more about drug abuse, read: http://star-writers.com/blog/essay-on-drug-abuse-harm-and-consequences-of-drug-use
In adolescence, there is a leap of physical and mental development.
With an unstable nervous system, and unformed views on the life a teenager under the influence of alcohol becomes susceptible to the impact of negative examples. Early alcoholization creates in the teenager the illusion of activity, emotionality. Drinking alcohol at any dose is considered a pathology in teenagers and in any case leads to alcohol poisoning. The fact of drinking alcohol should be considered as an abuse. An overdose of alcohol in adolescents leads to amnesia due to the damage of nerve cells. If drunkenness in adolescents is repeated, and amnesia is long, it affects the level of intelligence. Adolescents quickly lose the gag reflex, which increases the tolerance to alcohol, forms an attraction to it. The interests and character of the adolescent are changing, the desire for knowledge is falling, the desire to get money for drinking in any way is increased. You can ask ‘check errors in my essay’ and we are here to assist.
The teenager participates in fights, robberies, and because of impunity illegal behavior can be formed, for example, driving while intoxicated that is described in drunk driving essays. The earlier a teenager begins to abuse intoxicant, the harder the disease, the malignant variety may occur. It is characterized by rapid formation of pathological craving for intoxicant, the absence of quantitative control of consumed intoxicant, systematic overdoses and subsequent amnesia. To learn about Native Americans, follow the link: http://star-writers.com/blog/mysterious-indians-as-topic-of-essay-on-native-americans
Outcomes of alcohol use
The consequences of regular intake of alcohol by teens can be much more serious and dangerous than alcoholism in adulthood. Because at this time there is a growth and development of all vital human systems and functions, the influence of alcohol on these processes will undoubtedly lead to terrible results.
We will note only some of these consequences:
1. Premature onset of sexual life, which depletes the growing organism, causing overexertion of the neural-sexual sphere, and as a result - early weakening of sexual functions.
2. Infertility and inability to carry, give birth and bring up a full-fledged offspring.
3. Sexual contacts of adolescents without contraception lead to early abortions, and further serious complications.
4. There is a great risk of infection with sexually transmitted diseases or sexually transmitted infections, hepatitis B or C, HIV infection.
5. There are failures in the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
6. Damage to the liver, the development of cirrhosis is characteristic.
7. Disorders in the operation of the pancreas (peritonitis etc).
8. Violation of the cardiovascular system (disorders of arterial pressure, etc.).
9. Inflammatory states of the kidneys and urinary tract (urethritis, pyelonephritis) develop.
10. Various inflammatory diseases in the lungs, bronchi, larynx, nasopharynx (bronchitis, bronchiectatic disease, pneumosclerosis, tuberculosis) appear.
11. The immune defense of the body reduces, resulting in increased susceptibility to communicable ailments.
12. Intoxicant causes irreparable harm to the teenager's endocrine system.
13. Possible development and especially complicated course of diabetes.
14. Alterations in blood composition, anemia, etc.
15. A variety of disorders are observed, mainly in the emotional and volitionalsphere, social activity is falling, labor skills are dying out, healthy ambition and moral qualities suffer. To the foreground, emotional disturbances like coarsening, explosiveness, carelessness, lack of initiative, suggestibility appear.
Healing of teenage drinking abuse
To treat alcohol dependence in adolescents successfully you need to know its own nature and characteristics. It’s extremely essential to diagnose the disease as early as possible and initiate healing in order to avoid the development of after-troubles. Adolescent alcohol abuse is quite hard to treat, owing to the inability to use certain medications because of the premature age of the client. It is better to conduct treatment in a hospital under the mandatory control of doctors, home treatment is excluded. To achieve a better result in the healing, we can advise the application of medicinal teas and herbs that have emictory, tonic, immunity-repairing actions. We can recommend sports, exercise, and active rest as well.
So, the problem of adolescent alcoholism needs to be given special attention, not to let things run their course. Children are our future, and if we do not pay attention to this problem today, tomorrow, perhaps, it will be too late.
Other popular topics: